Pediatrix Medical Group
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Job ID: 2022-35346
Type: Practitioner - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
# of Openings: 1
Category: Advanced Practice Provider
Seeking a PNP for Adventure in the Pacific Northwest!
Pediatrix has an opportunity for a pediatric nurse practitioner to cover the well-baby nursery at Tacoma General Hospital in Tacoma, Washington.
- Full-time position working 8-hour day shifts (40 hrs/week) in the newborn nursery with an ADC of 8-20. Requires some weekend and holiday coverage.
- NBN supported by in-house neonatologists
- Responsibilities include seeing unassigned patients, and providing admission/discharge/progress notes
- Attendance at deliveries is not required, circumcisions not required
- Previous PNP and newborn nursery experience preferred
Located near Mount Rainier National Park, Tacoma is a mid-sized, progressive, urban port city that manages to retain a unique, hometown feel. Tacoma is on Washington’s Puget Sound, 32 miles southwest of Seattle and less than a day’s drive to Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia, and less than two hours from mountains and the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy world-class museums, wineries and microbreweries, great shopping and dining locally and in nearby Seattle. Western Washington’s beautiful outdoor terrain is a paradise for those who enjoy outdoor activities such as boating, sailing, fishing, hunting, skiing and mountaineering. Washington has no state income tax.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
*Must have a minimum of a Master's Degree in Nursing
Compensation: The pay for this position ranges from $108,000 - $130,000 per year and is based on years of relevant experience.
Pediatrix provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K Thrift and Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance provided with opportunity for supplemental options
- Critical illness, hospital and accident insurance
- 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Extensive Employee Perks program
- Employee Assistance Program
PTO: Team members with employment agreements receive PTO per the terms for their employment agreement.
Other compensation: Team members are eligible to participate in a company employee stock purchase program on a quarterly basis.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :