Pediatrix Medical Group
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Job ID: 2022-33084
Type: Practitioner - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
# of Openings: 1
Category: Advanced Practice Provider
NNP Opportunity in Tuczon Arizona - Sign On Bonus Included!
Pediatrix has an excellent opportunity for a neonatal nurse practitioner to work collaboratively with our team of neonatologists and NNPs at Tucson Medical Center.
- Full-time position covering 12-hour days/nights, or 24-hour shifts
- 41-bed Level-III NICU with 600 admissions annually and an average daily census of 35
- NNPs co-manage all acuity infants in the NICU alongside the neonatologists
- Attendance at High-Risk Deliveries is shared between the Neonatologists and the NNPs; transports not required
- NNPs place PICC lines as part of an NNP/RN/MD team that places lines
- Supportive Neos that listen to the NNPs and consider them a true value and part of the team
- Busy delivery service with approximately 5,500 annual deliveries
- Dedicated downtime for 24 hour shifts that are shared with a Neonatologist that is always In House
- Experience preferred
Located approximately 120 miles southeast of Phoenix, Tucson is the second largest city in Arizona and the 32nd largest city in the U.S. The area is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges. Beyond its natural beauty and an unsurpassed climate of 360 days a year, residents have embraced the state’s reputation as a place to truly experience and appreciate the great outdoors, The city’s mild weather and warm, dry climate coaxes both residents and visitors outside to enjoy the sunshine while the surrounding mountains offer cooler temperatures that allows for swimming, hiking, golfing, and skiing – all in the same day! In fact, Bicycling Magazine has ranked Tucson as one of the top cycling cities in the U.S. for several years running. The abundance and low price of land continues to provide Tucsonans with a wide range of housing styles and communities. Based on cost-of-living indexes, housing is far more affordable here than in many areas.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :